Press release -
The summer of sporting entertainment has arrived as The Hundred unveils blockbuster music line-up
- Headliners Bastille will take to the stage at Lord’s for The Hundred final on 3 September
- Kicking off from 3 August, each match day will feature BBC Music Introducing artists and DJs performing live at venues across the country
- Samm Henshaw, Katy J Pearson, Priya Ragu, English Teacher, Jordan Mackampa, Tamera and many more also confirmed to take centre stage at this summer’s unmissable sporting competition, with more special guests to be announced in the coming weeks
Featuring big name acts, alongside some of the most exciting breakthrough artists in the UK, the music line-up for this year’s action-packed cricket competition, The Hundred, promises a summer of world class sport and unmissable musical performances, taking entertainment to the next level.
Announced today, the line-up is topped by multi-platinum British pop-rock band Bastille, who will take to the stage at The Hundred men’s and women’s final at Lord’s on Saturday 3 September. They are joined by some of the freshest names on the UK music scene including Samm Henshaw, Katy J Pearson, Priya Ragu, English Teacher, Jordan Mackampa, Tamera, Lottery Winners, Mace The Great, Queen Millz, Casey Lowry and many more.
For the second year running, the live music at all 34 games of The Hundred has been curated in collaboration with BBC Music Introducing. The partnership connects sports fans with both new and established artists who began their career on the BBC Music Introducing platform. The artists will perform in front of large audiences at some of the UK’s biggest cricket grounds, including Lord’s (London), The Kia Oval (London), Edgbaston (Birmingham), Emirates Old Trafford (Manchester), Sophia Gardens (Cardiff), Headingley (Leeds), Ageas Bowl (Southampton) and Trent Bridge (Nottingham).
Kicking off on 3 August, The Hundred is cricket’s high-octane competition which fuses world class cricket with spectacular entertainment. The competition gives fans the chance to watch some of the best players in the world compete alongside epic music performances in a high energy, family-friendly environment.
Brit and NME award-winning pop-rock band, Bastille, said: “We are really looking forward to being part of The Hundred Final this year. Woody in particular is a big cricket fan and loves what The Hundred has brought to the summer sporting schedule. Needless to say, we can't wait to be there!”
In its first year in 2021, The Hundred attracted some of the biggest names in UK music including Becky Hill, Everything Everything, and Self Esteem, plus breakthrough acts such as Sports Team and Lauran Hibberd who are now on everyone’s playlists. 2022’s line up is set to be an equally big hit with new and existing fans of the game.
Sophie Ecclestone, Manchester Originals star said, “The music last year was amazing, Lizelle and myself even had time for a little dance to Becky Hill during the opening game! It added so much to the competition and showed The Hundred is all about unmissable action on and off the pitch. I can’t wait to get a front row seat this summer and hopefully we can be dancing to Bastille after winning the competition.”
More information on The Hundred’s 2022 music line-up is available at www.thehundred.com/music/live-acts, where fans will also be able to receive updates on additional artists confirmed for this summer’s competition in the coming weeks.
The confirmed list of artists and where they will be performing are as follows:
- Bambi Bains – The Kia Oval, London
- Bastille – Lord’s, London
- BEKA – Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- Big Image – Edgbaston, Birmingham
- Caity Baser – The Ageas Bowl, Southampton
- Casey Lowry – Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- Celina Sharma – Lord's, London
- CIEL – The Ageas Bowl, Southampton
- Dolores Forever – Headingley, Leeds
- English Teacher – Headingley, Leeds
- Jordan Mackampa - Edgbaston, Birmingham
- Katy J Pearson – Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
- Kofi Stone – Edgbaston, Birmingham
- Leadley – Edgbaston, Birmingham
- lleo – The Kia Oval, London
- L'objectif – Headingley, Leeds
- Lottery Winners – Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
- Mace The Great – Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
- Panic Shack – Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
- Phoebe Green – Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
- Priya Ragu – Headingley, Leeds
- Queen Millz – Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- Samm Henshaw – The Ageas Bowl, Southampton
- SOFY – Lord’s, London
- Tamera – The Kia Oval, London
- Wild Front – The Ageas Bowl, Southampton
For more information, please visit www.thehundred.com.
About The Hundred
The Hundred is cricket’s newest competition that fuses blockbuster entertainment with world-class cricket, inviting everyone to fall in love with the game.
Combining a short, fast format of cricket, with each game lasting less than three hours, and incredible entertainment beyond sport, The Hundred is making cricket more accessible and reaching a broader audience. It’s simple: 100 balls per team, most runs wins, so every ball counts.
The Hundred features eight teams from seven cities, with men’s and women’s competitions taking place side by side: Welsh Fire (Cardiff), Southern Brave (Southampton), Northern Superchargers (Leeds), London Spirit, Trent Rockets (Nottingham), Oval Invincibles (London), Manchester Originals and Birmingham Phoenix. Each teams features some of the best international and domestic cricketers from around the world, including England Men’s & Women’s World Cup winners.
*Highlight stats from The Hundred 2021
- 510,000 tickets sold and issued (19% junior tickets, 21% female and 59% under 45)
- 55% of Hundred ticket buyers hadn’t bought a ticket for cricket in this country previously
- Watched by millions – 16.1 million TV and online viewings
- 267,000 people attended the women’s matches across the competition
- 35 live music performances curated by BBC Music Introducing
- The Hundred Rising Programme created opportunities for up-and-coming talent to gain experience bringing the event to life
About BBC Music Introducing
BBC Music Introducing supports unsigned, undiscovered and under the radar music across the UK.
There’s over 800,000 tracks uploaded to the BBC Music Introducing website and nearly 300,00 artists registered.
Introducing provides a platform to propel new acts onto the national stage through Radio 1, 1Xtra, Radio 2, 6 Music, the Asian Network and Radio 3.
It gives up-and-coming artists broadcast opportunities on BBC radio, television and online alongside the chance to perform at major festivals and showcases. Big name artists including Ed Sheeran, Florence + the Machine, Little Simz, Celeste, Sam Fender, Aitch, and Chvrches all received BBC Music Introducing support at the start of their careers. Recent BBC Introducing success stories include Wet Leg, The Mysterines and Bad Boy Chiller Crew, who have all achieved UK Top 10 albums in 2022 so far.
Introducing offers new musicians the chance to get played on Radio 1 and 1Xtra daytime, to record their own Maida Vale session and perform at the biggest festivals in the UK and internationally, including Glastonbury, Latitude, Creamfields, Reading and Leeds, The Great Escape, SXSW in Texas and Winter Jazz in New York.
You'll find all ECB Media Releases and associated resources on our Newsroom >